In Lombardy, Italy, residents can access reimbursements for specific devices thanks to Regional Law 23/99, which recognizes contributions for purchasing technologically advanced aids or devices for people with disabilities or their families.
Reimbursement for Medical Devices in Lombardy
In the Lombardy region, on January 16, 2024, a new call was launched, primarily targeting people with disabilities or learning disorders, to purchase technologically advanced aids and devices to improve their quality of life.
The device must be helpful for:
- Enhancing the individual’s independence, especially regarding daily activities, including those at home;
- Improving social and work relationships, thus allowing for a better integration into society;
- Addressing physical and functional limitations may include motor, visual, auditory, intellectual, language, or learning disorders.
Eligibility for the Scheme
People with disabilities residing in the ATS territory of the Lombardy region can apply, regardless of age, as long as they have a valid ISEE (Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator) of €30,000 or less.
Furthermore, you must not have received the same grant in the previous 5 years for the same aid or tool in the same geographic area. However, if you have already benefited from the grant in the past 5 years, you can apply only if you intend to use it to replace, adapt, or improve the aid or tool previously purchased.
Funding is also available for aids and devices rented, leased, or subscribed to for short periods, provided they fall within the definition of aid as per the international standard EN ISO 9999:
“Any product, tool, equipment, or technological system, either specially produced or commercially available, intended to prevent, compensate, mitigate an impairment or disability”
The aid/device must cost a minimum of €300 and not exceed €16,000, with a grant covering 70% of the eligible expense.
The Gondola AMPS device is accepted in the scheme.
Thanks to this scheme, many people in Lombardy have had the opportunity to equip themselves with the device to undergo therapy at home, thus regaining their mobility independence.
How to participate in the scheme
To participate in the scheme, you must apply exclusively through the Bandi Online platform of Regione Lombardia from the scheme’s page by December 31, 2024.
In addition, you must attach the documents listed below to the form. You will not be eligible for the scheme if any of the listed documents are not provided.
- Copy of the quote or invoice or tax receipt for the purchase or the ‘speaking’ receipt indicating the tax code of the applicant. In case of costly aids or instruments purchased through installment payments, a copy of the financing contract is required.
- Prescription for the aid/instrument written by a specialist doctor
Applications can be submitted exclusively for one aid/instrument per person, purchased up to 2 years before the application date.
The grants, covering 70% of the total cost of the aid, will be allocated following the ranking order until the budget is exhausted.
For further information or clarification regarding the scheme, please contact email@example.com.