Gondola Professional: a therapeutic device designed for healthcare professionals
Today, we are happy to introduce Gondola® Professional, a version of our device specifically designed to be used by trained healthcare professionals for outpatient or in-hospital use.
Exactly like Gondola® Home, Gondola® Professional can rapidly improve walking and balance in patients affected by neurological disorders (for example, Parkinson’s Disease and Stroke) by delivering AMPS (Automated Mechanical Peripheral Stimulation), a non-invasive therapy based on the mechanical stimulation of 4 points located on the patient’s feet (2 points for each foot). A complete therapeutic session lasts less than 2 minutes, and the benefits are immediately visible and can last up to 5 days.
Is Gondola® Professional delivering the same therapy than Gondola Home?
Gondola AMPS therapy is particularly helpful in:
- 1Increasing walking speed
- 2Increasing stride and step length
- 3Reducing the risk of falling
- 4Improving postural stability and dynamic balance
- 5Improving handling freezing of gait episodes
- Barbic F, et al. J Appl Physiol. 2014;116(5):495-503.
- Quattrocchi CC, et al. PLOS ONE. 2015;10(10):e0137977.
- Stocchi F, et al. Int J Rehabil Res. 2015;38(3):238-245.
- Galli M, et al. IJEIT. 2015;4(11):9.
- Kleiner A, et al. Park Dis. 2015;2015:1-6.
- Galli M, et al. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2018;54(6):860-865.
- Kleiner AFR, et al. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018;99(12):2420-2429.
- Pagnussat AS, et al. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2018;36(2):195-205.
- Pinto C, et al. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2018;97(6):383-389.
- Pagnussat AS, et al. Acta Neurol Scand. 2020;142(3):229-238.
- Prusch JS, et al. Funct Neurol. 2018;33(4):206-212.
- Zamunér AR, et al. J Hypertens. 2019;37(8):1714-1721
So, what’s the difference between the two devices?
Gondola® Professional has the advantage of being adaptable to a large variety of feet shapes and sizes, thus allowing the treatment of different patients. The therapist can use Gondola® Professional to test the specific effect of AMPS therapy on new patients to evaluate, for example, to which extent AMPS can improve gait and balance in specific subjects and how long they should expect to maintain the benefits of each session.
To allow greater flexibility to the therapist, Gondola® Professional is provided with 4 different sizes of insoles (one for each foot) that can accommodate virtually every foot ranging from EU size 35 to 46 **
“Furthermore, we recently developed a new tool that helps find the META stimulation points on the sole of the feet: the Metafinder. We will provide this tool together with the Gondola Professional to make it more manageable for the therapist to find the exact stimulation points.
**Severe foot deformities may prevent access to the specific stimulation points, thus limiting the possibility of delivering the therapy.